Visit us

814 W. Francisco Blvd. San Rafael, CA 94901

This store is now closed!

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Don't be sad

Don't be sad we're closing next Sunday. Marin Kids Consignment has had a great run!

It all started just about 4.5 years ago with an idea that lead to some part-time sales which lead to a store and then a spot in the community.

Many thanks go to Melissa for having the gumption to get it started. Her idea of recycling kids items was not a new one but it was important enough to her that she created her own way to make it happen for so many.

I had no idea that being in the store would come to mean so much to me, as well. Connecting with neighbors and friends but also with families from near and distant cities, the store has become an outlet of conversation, story sharing, and most importantly, support.

The charitable aspects of the store have grown from a piece here and there to bags full of items and large gear, each piece appreciated by non-profits and families in need. Every week I learned about new outlets receiving donations and ways to help. Thankfully our consignors have been of the same mind and so the community came together in a variety of different ways.

I have learned so much about myself along the way. This store has lead me to a personal level to commitment to others, to business, and to myself that I never realized was available to me.

Thank you for having been a part of what the store had become. I've had a blast!!

Don't be sad. Be happy for what we did together and keep looking forward.

All my best - Stephanie


No comments:

Post a Comment