Visit us

814 W. Francisco Blvd. San Rafael, CA 94901

This store is now closed!

Search This Blog

Friday, June 29, 2012

Homeschooled

As a reaction to the devastating treatment of my child by a district principal I convinced my son's father to homeschool our youngest son with me over the past year. I feel it's one of the best things I've done for any of my kids, in running with how hard I fought for my daughter's testing when she was bored in Kindergarten (reading chapter books when others were learning ABCs), the first time a principal tried to label one of my kids as ADD.


We found K-12 Online, a program that gave us all the equipment, supplies, paperwork, even a teacher, with which we could work at our separate homes with our son. He matured under our nurturing lessons and we dealt with (are still dealing with) his sensitivity issues and above grade level abilities. We will try integrating him back into the school district this Fall under a different principal who personally understands any remaining issues. No doubt we as parents learned a lot, too, over this past year, and we will continue to support both kids still in school.

I would highly recommend homeschooling but ours was just one way to do so and just one of many reasons that parents make for themselves. Please read on!

Home School by Celeste Ezell

I've been homeschooling my 5 year old for a year now and attending a Classical Conversations class with her in SF one day a week. We love it so much we're starting a new CC group in San Anselmo this Fall. It's for students age 4 through 6th grade. I'm hosting an info meeting if you're interested in learning more.

Informational Meeting
Classical Conversations of Marin

Classical Conversations provides a balance of structured guidance and independent learning in homeschooling. Come learn about the classical model of education and consider joining our new Marin community this fall!

Learn about the Foundations Program of Classical Conversations: https://www.classicalconversations.com/academic-programs/foundations-program-k4-6th

Monday, July 9
7:00-9:00 PM
Golden Gate Tutoring Center
249 Sir Francis Drake Blvd. (downtown behind Marin Coffee Roasters) San Anselmo, CA 94960
415-383-2283

No comments:

Post a Comment