Visit us

814 W. Francisco Blvd. San Rafael, CA 94901

This store is now closed!

Search This Blog

Friday, June 15, 2012

Happy Father's Day

This is my Dad...really! Isn't he colorful?



He's living in Canada now but will be coming down this year for a visit (yay)! Born and raised in San Francisco, he has wonderful life stories to tell. Kind of heart, always thinking, likes to press people's buttons, an actor, a tinkerer, and caring citizen, he has been a great shoulder to me over the years.

He'll say to me "but you were just born last month" whenever I have a birthday or major life event (like motherhood). I used to scoff amusingly. Today my first son, who is 18, is graduating from high school. I am now repeating my Dad - I get it!!

Whether you are a single parent, have your Dad around or not, this is a time like Mother's Day to reflect on parenthood. Sometimes there are two moms or two dads, sometimes grandparents or other family members or foster parents are the "parents". Sometimes a friend is like a Dad.

We applaud Dads and all caretakers of children and so we will be closed on Sun 6/17 to celebrate.





No comments:

Post a Comment