Visit us

814 W. Francisco Blvd. San Rafael, CA 94901

This store is now closed!

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

FREE HypnoBirth class this Saturday!

What is Hypnobirthing, you ask? A relaxing and stress free method of birthing that allows mothers to experience the joys of birthing in an easier, more comfortable manner. Relaxation techniques are taught to mother and her birthing companion to eliminate the fear and tension that cause long labors and pain, replacing it with confidence, calm and comfort.

Debbie Catz, a HypnoBirthing Childbirth Educator for 11 years, has taught hundreds of couples how to joyfully bring their babies into the world. Come and learn how you, too, can embrace a truly empowering birth experience as you welcome your baby into your lives. There will be an opportunity to enter a drawing for a discount on a future series of HypnoBirthing classes. You will also get to see a film of a HypnoBirth and ask any questions you might have.

On a personal note, I did a HypnoBirth class and had a practice CD that I used for months before the birth of my son. Like a good meditation class, the HypnoBirth CD was so relaxing that I used it to help me fall asleep. Of course the experts tell you not to fall asleep (!) but to use these methods on your path to enlightenment...or to childbirth...whichever comes first (and sometimes they come simultaneously).

During the actual birth, my husband played the CD and said that my body instantly relaxed (I was a little distracted at the time but he is observant and generally tells the truth). Once my body relaxed, I was more present for the experience.

I loaned the CDs to all of my girlfriends who had babies after me and they also raved about the benefits. Now you, too, can experience the benefits of this practice.

1.15.11 Saturday 10:30a at Marin Kids Consignment

No comments:

Post a Comment